Tours are available Monday through Friday from 10:00am-Noon and 1:00-4:00pm.
Groups must have a minimum of 10 participants, and a maximum of 75.
Your group will be assigned a tour guide who will provide an overview of the exhibition and answer questions.
Availability of tours depends on availability of staff, and the UI Libraries reserves the right to cancel your tour. We will work with you to find a time if your first choice is no longer available.
Want to book a tour at the University of Iowa Main Library Gallery? Follow the steps below.
- STEP 1: Visit www.lib.uiowa.edu/gallery for information on the Gallery’s current and future exhibits.
- STEP 2: Browse our calendar for open tour timeslots for the exhibit you want to tour. Click the timeslot(s) you want. Clicking ONE will give you a 30-minute tour; clicking TWO will give you a 1-hour tour; clicking THREE will give you a 1.5-hour tour. The timeslot(s) you’ve selected will turn orange. Please be sure to select enough time for your desired tour (maximum of 1.5 hours).
- STEP 3: Complete our tour booking form, and press SUBMIT MY BOOKING.
- STEP 4: Watch for a confirmation email to verify that your tour is booked. We’ll also send you email instructions on how to prepare for your tour.
- STEP 5: Enjoy your tour!
- 50th Anniversary of Star Trek — April 25 - August 5, 2016
- First Folio! The Book that Gave Us Shakespeare — August 29 - Sep. 29, 2016
- The Books That Made Shakespeare — Sep. 30 - Dec. 30, 2016
- Dada Centennial — Jan 16- April 28, 2017
- Iowa Underground Press — May 15 – Aug. 25, 2017
- Iowa Women’s Archives 25th Anniversary — Sept. 11 - Dec. 29, 2017
*Please note that tours are limited to Monday through Friday during the Gallery's open hours.